3.6

Received a gift card in December...seriously, it's cardboard.Put it in my wallet where it came in contact with something slightly sticky (I have a toddler).

Part of the magnetic strip is gone and same with half the card's identifying number. According to the customer service rep (who was friendly/polite) It's now my burden to get the receipt from the giver, call Banana Republic customer service, etc., etc. They're simply sorry...and just repeat that over and over. They know what store it was purchased at, know it was mid December, can see the last 5 digits of the number plus some other identifiers -- but it's my problem now.

It was absolutely BR's fault for issuing a foolish card with no plans to mitigate the obvious problems it would cause. I have zero free time to do this, but am doing it because I'm angry that they care that little about my experience with their products.

I'm tempted to just give the card back to the sender, have herreturn it for cash they can keep, and simply warn others to go elsewhere when giving gift cards.

Way to ruin a birthday gift with preventable irritation.Thank you.

This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to have the product delivered as the author lost $75. acol is overall dissatisfied with Banana Republic and uploaded a picture. The most disappointing about banana republic gift card at Banana Republic was gift card policy and experience , but reviewer liked courteous service. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Banana Republic.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Footwear and Clothing category for more informed decision or compare Banana Republic to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Banana Republic?

Comments